Wednesday 7 April 2010

Will Thameslink's 12-car trains stop at Hendon and Mill Hill Broadway?

I had my latest meeting with First Capital Connect (FCC) about Thameslink on Tuesday evening, following the misery caused by problems on Thameslink within the last few months. Based on what I heard last night, FCC does appear committed to improving the service, with a new team ringing the changes. I was pleased to hear that FCC plans to introduce some 12-car trains from December 2011, but concerned to hear that they might not stop at Hendon or Mill Hill Broadway stations! OK, so even if the new, larger trains don't stop locally, they will still reduce over-crowding on the other trains that do stop at Hendon and Mill Hill Broadway. But we really want them to stop at our local stations. I will continue to work with FCC to hold them to their promises and I will do my best to ensure that the 12-seat trains do stop locally.

If you elect me as Hendon's next MP, I plan to make public transport one of the main issues that I raise on your behalf, and I hope my campaigning on Thameslink shows what can be achieved. The attached photo is of Nick Clegg and I celebrating a local newspaper's front page coverage of my successful campaign for compensation for Thameslink passengers - the compensation may not have been enough, but it was at least a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment