Tuesday 6 April 2010

Continuing my Thameslink campaign

So, Gordon Brown is today due to go to the Palace and see the Queen, kickstarting the election campaign. That's one meeting I'm not invited to, but I am due today to see a senior manager from First Capital Connect (FCC), to chase progress on Thameslink. Thameslink has improved after the awful problems of recent months, and FCC's compensation offer has got better, but I am still holding the company to account. It's great that they're investing £10m in improving Thameslink, but is this really new money? Are Thameslink's recent problems with the unions truly a thing of the past? I'll be keen to hear an update on all this and more. I remain very grateful to FCC for their ongoing willingness to meet me to discuss these matters. I do detect that FCC is seriously committed to improving the service - but there is a long way to go after the misery suffered by customers in recent months. I'll let you know what happens at the meeting afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment