Sunday 10 January 2010

Tory calls me a "good candidate"

I would like to thank Richard Millett, a Conservative candidate in Mill Hill in the 2006 local elections, for writing the following on his blog:
"The Liberal Democrats have some very reasonably minded people in their party, including Vince Cable and Chris Huhne, and some good candidates, including Matthew Harris who is very active in the Liberal Democrat Friends of Israel."

I am delighted to be called "a good candidate" by such a source. Richard also writes:

"If you have the urge to vote Liberal Democrat then vote for them at the local council elections. They have some interesting policies but their Middle Eastern ones aren’t among them."
Naturally, I am seeking people's support in the General Election as the Parliamentary candidate for Hendon, but I have no objection to Richard's suggestion that our "interesting policies" might inspire some people to vote for us in the local council elections.

Incidentally, honesty compels me to report that Richard wrote these words in the context of an article expressing his very strong (and in my view mistaken) criticisms of some of my party's policies on the Middle East, and he is obviously no fan of my party overall - but I am always happy to acknowledge a compliment, so "thank you", Richard, for your kind words about Vince Cable, Chris Huhne and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment